Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
- The educated mind: how cognitive tools shape our understanding.University of Chicago Press, Chicago1997
Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America. Asthma Capitals. The Asthma Capitols; annual report funded by AstraZeneca. Available at: http://aafa.org/pdfs/FinalPublicListAC2008.pdf. Accessed August 22, 2012.
- Asthma prevalence, health care use, and mortality: United States, 2005-2009.Natl Health Stat Report. 2011; 32: 1-14
- Preventable factors in hospital admissions for asthma.Arch Dis Child. 1998; 78: 143
- A biopsychosocial approach to child health.in: Kaslow F.W. Comprehensive handbook of psychotherapy. 4th edition. John Wiley & Sons, New York2002: 59-79
- Incorporating family therapy into asthma group intervention: a randomized wait-list controlled trial.Fam Process. 2008; 47: 115-130
- Testing the biobehavioral family model in pediatric asthma: pathway of effect.Fam Process. 2008; 47: 21-40
- Evolving the biobehavioral family model: the fit to attachment.Fam Process. 2000; 39: 319-344
- Family relational factors in pediatric depression and asthma: pathways of effect.J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 2006; 45: 1494-1502
- Socioeconomic, family and pediatric practice factors that affect level so asthma control.Pediatrics. 2009; 123: 829-835
- Improvement of rural children’s asthma self-management by lay health educators.J Sch Health. 2008; 78: 506-513
- Planning health promotions programs: an intervention mapping approach.Jossey-Bass, San Francisco (CA)2006
- Decision-making in children with asthma and their parents.J Am Acad Nurse Pract. 2002; 14: 363-371
- A randomized controlled trial of asthma self-management support comparing clinic-based nurses and in-home community health workers: the Seattle-King county healthy homes II project.Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2009; 163: 141-149
- Parent support, peer support and peer acceptance in healthy lifestyle for asthma management among early adolescents.J Spec Pediatr Nurs. 2010; 15: 272-281
- Effects of a peer-led asthma self-management program for adolescents.Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2011; 165: 513-519
Murray E, Burns J, See TS, et al. Interactive Health Communication Applications for people with chronic disease. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 19(4);CD004274. Available at: http://www.ucl.ac.uk/slms/people/show.php?personid=12015.
- Management of chronic pediatric diseases with interactive health games: theory and research findings.J Ambul Care Manage. 2001; 24: 26-38
- Playing for real: video games and stories for health-related behavior change.Am J Prev Med. 2008; 34: 74-82
- Effects of web-based health program on fifth grade children’s physical activity knowledge, attitudes and behavior.Am J Health Edu. 2005; 36: 86-94
- The effects of the computer-based instruction on the achievement and problem solving skills of the science and technology students.Turk Online J Dist Educ. 2011; 10: 183-201
- Impact of a computer-assisted education program on factors related to asthma self-management behavior.J Am Med Inform Assoc. 2001; 8: 49-61
- Watch, discover, think and act: evaluation of computer-assisted instruction to improve asthma self-management in inner-city children.Patient Educ Couns. 2000; 39: 39-42
- Educational interventions for asthma in children.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2003; (CD000326)
Pruitt B. Controlling asthma takes a combination of tools, including pulmonary function test and most recently, looking at biomarkers. 2011. Available at: http://www.rtmagazine.com/issues/articles/2011-01_04.asp. Accessed September 20, 2012.
- Self-concept and health locus of control: factors related to children’s adherence to recommended asthma regimen.Pediatr Nurs. 2005; 31: 404-409
- Multi-media learning.Cambridge University Press, New York2001
- Backpack adventures in asthma: interactive multimedia computer game piques children’s interest in asthma.J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2001; 107: 239
- Social foundations for thought and action. A social cognitive theory.J Soc Clin Psychol. 1986; 4: 359-374
- What is user engagement? A conceptual framework for defining user engagement with technology.J Am Soc Inform Sci Tech. 2008; 59: 938-955
Said NS. An engaging multimedia design model. Proceedings of the 2004 conference on interaction design and children: building a community. New York; ACM; 2004. p. 169–72. http://dx.doi.org/10.1145/1017833.1017873.
- Revisiting an engaging experience to identify metacognitive strategies towards developing a multimedia design model.Int Educ Inform Tech. 2009; 3 (115–25): 2
- The end of book or books without end?.The University of Michigan Press, Ann Arbor (MI)2004
- Declarative optimization-based drama management in interactive fiction.IEEE Comput Graph Appl. 2006; 26: 32-41
- A computational model of an intelligent narrator for interactive narratives.Appl Artif Intell. 2007; 21: 753-801
Marsella SC, Johnson WL, LaBore CM. Interactive pedagogical drama for health interventions. Proceedings from the 11th International Conference on Artificial Intelligence in Education. Sydney, July 20–24, 2004.
- Clinical trials of interactive computerized patient education: implications for family practice.J Fam Pract. 1997; 45: 25-33
- Illness as a social construct: understanding what asthma means to the patient to better treat the disease.J Qual Improv. 2000; 26: 244-253
- Software prototyping: adoption, practice and management.McGraw-Hill, London1991
Nielsen J. Finding usability problems through heuristic evaluation. Proceeding of the SIGCHI conference on human factors in computing systems. Available at: http://portal.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=142834. Accessed September 18, 2012.
- Formal usability inspections.in: Nielsen J. Mack R.L. Usability Inspection Methods. John Wiley & Sons, New York1994 (p. 141–72)
Nielsen J. How to conduct a heuristic evaluation. Available at: www.useit.com/papers/heuristic/heuristic_evaluation.html. Accessed May 30, 2012.
National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute [NHLBI]. Expert panel report 3 (EPR2): Guidelines for the diagnosis and management of asthma. Available at: www.nhlbi.nih.gov/guidelines/asthma/asthgdln.htm. Accessed October 18, 2007.
Drs Wyatt & Li, National Institutes of Health, National Institute of Nursing Research 5R03NR011352.