Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Nursing Clinics
- Nursing's social policy statement.2nd edition. American Nurse's Association, Washington, DC2005
- Nurse as educator: principles of teaching and learning.Jones & Bartlett, Sudbury (MA)1997
- Adult education: the cornerstone of patient teaching.Nurs Clin North Am. 1989; 24: 589-595
- Rethinking patient education.J Adv Nurs. 1989; 14: 711-718
- Compliance enhancement: a call for multidisciplinary team approaches.Circulation. 1996; 93: 4-6
- The primacy of self-regulation in health promotion.Applied Psychology: An International Review. 2005; 54: 245-254
American Heart Association (AHA). Heart disease and stroke statistics: 2006 update. Available at: http://www.americanheart.org/downloadable/heart/1140534985281Statsupdate06book.pdf. Accessed June 18, 2006.
American Heart Association. (AHA). Third report of the National Cholesterol Education Program (NCEP) Expert Panel on Detection, Evaluation, and Treatment of High Blood Cholesterol in Adults (Adult Treatment Panel III) final report. Circulation 2002;106: 3143–421.
- American Heart Association guidelines for primary prevention of atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease beginning in childhood.Circulation. 2003; 107: 1562-1566
- AHA guidelines for primary prevention of cardiovascular disease and stroke, 2002 update: consensus panel guide to comprehensive risk reduction for adult patients without coronary or other atherosclerotic vascular diseases.Circulation. 2002; 106: 388-391
- Primary prevention of coronary heart disease in women through diet and lifestyle.N Engl J Med. 2000; 343: 16-22
- Multiple Risk Factor Intervention Trial: risk factor changes and mortality results.JAMA. 1982; 248: 1465-1477
- Five year findings of the Hypertension Detection and Follow-Up Program: reduction in mortality of persons with high blood pressure, including mild hypertension.JAMA. 1979; 242: 2562-2571
- Prevention of stroke by antihypertensive drug treatment in older persons with isolated systolic hypertension. Final results of the Systolic Hypertension in the Elderly Program (SHEP).JAMA. 1991; 265: 3255-3264
- Why we do what we do: understanding self-motivation.Penguin, New York1995
- The “what” and “why” of goal pursuits: human needs and self-determination of behavior.Psychol Inq. 2000; 11: 227-268
- Self-determination theory and the facilitation of intrinsic motivation, social development, and well-being.Am Psychol. 2000; 55: 68-78
Shakespeare W. Hamlet. Available at: http://www.enotes.com. Accessed June 19, 2006.
- Social foundations of thought and action: a social-cognitive theory.Prentice Hall, Englewood Cliffs (NJ)1986
- Motivation and dietary self-care in adults with diabetes: are self-efficacy and autonomous self-regulation complementary or competing constructs?.Health Psychol. 2000; 19: 452-457
- Theory-comparison and multiple behavior research: common themes advancing health behavior research.Health Educ Res. 2002; 17: 670-679
- National efforts to promote behavior-change research: views from the Office of Behavioral and Social Sciences Research.Health Educ Res. 2002; 17: 495-499
National Institutes of Health (NIH). Behavior Change Consortium's summary report. Available at: http://www1.od.nih.gov/behaviorchange/summary/summary.htm. Accessed October 15, 2006.
- The Behavior Change Consortium: setting the stage for a new century of health behavior change research.Health Educ Res. 2002; 17: 500-511
Ferguson RF. Addressing racial disparities in high-achieving suburban schools. In: NCREL policy issues. December 2002;13:1–11. Available at: http://www.ncrel.org/policy/pubs/html/pivot13.pdf. Accessed September 13, 2004.
- Self-determination theory in the clinic: motivating physical and mental health.Yale University Press, New Haven (CT)2003
- Detrimental effects of reward: reality or myth?.Am Psychol. 1996; 51: 1153-1166
- Communicating evidence for participatory decision making.JAMA. 2004; 291: 2359-2366
- Physician recommendations and patient autonomy: finding a balance between physician power and patient choice.Ann Intern Med. 1996; 125: 763-769
- Testing a self-determination theory process model for promoting glycemic control through diabetes self-management.Health Psychol. 2004; 23: 58-66
- Testing a self-determination theory intervention for motivating tobacco cessation: supporting autonomy and competence in a clinical trial.Health Psychol. 2006; 25: 91-101
- Motivation, autonomy support, and entity beliefs: their role in methadone maintenance treatment.J Soc Clin Psychol. 2004; 23: 675-696
- Motivational predictors of weigh loss and weight-loss maintenance.J Pers Soc Psychol. 1996; 70: 115-126
- Adherence to HIV medications: utility of the theory of self-determination.Cognit Ther Res. 2004; 28: 611-628
- Research on relationship centered care and healthcare outcomes from the Rochester Biopsychosocial Program: a self-determination theory integration.Fam Syst Health. 2000; 18: 79-90
- Autonomous regulation and long-term medication adherence in adult outpatients.Health Psychol. 1998; 17: 269-276
- Motivational interviewing in community-based research: experiences from the field.Ann Behav Med. 2005; 29: 29-34
- Motivational interviewing and self-determination theory.J Soc Clin Psychol. 2005; 24: 813-831
- Tools of psychiatric metal health nursing: communication, nursing process, and the nurse client relationship.in: Frisch N.C. Frisch L.E. Psychiatric mental health nursing. 3rd edition. Thompson Delmar, Clifton Park (NY)2006: 88-103
- The mentor's dilemma: providing critical feedback across the racial divide.Pers Soc Psychol Bull. 1999; 25: 1302-1318